Friday, October 9, 2009

The Envelope, Please!

This year's Orwellian Peace Prize goes to ... Barack Hussein Obama! President Obama is the person in the past year who has worked the hardest to fulfill Orwell's Newspeak prophecy: War is Peace.

By the way, I am personally thrilled to learn that I am now eligible to receive a Nobel Prize in Literature for a book that I may one day, possibly, write. Sure takes the pressure off; I was worried that I might actually have to DO something to be considered for the award...I mean do something besides give others the hope that I may some day do something...

It's just good news all around! Style over substance!

Meanwhile, Mahatma Gandhi and Gaffar Khan (two individuals who actually DID DO SOMETHING towards the achievement of world peace) are still waiting to be awarded their prestigious prizes.

Marx was so right: the first time around, it's tragedy; the second time around, it's farce.

No comments: